Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tear'em up..!

Since we do not have any need for these wood supports now and our concrete has cured enough to remove these J dowel wooden supports. Takes a little muscle and good exercise to tear them up. The concrete didn't stick too badly to them and the nails we used didn't hold all that well also. I also went ahead and bought some gas pipe and straightened all 350 J dowels which needed it. You can see in the first picture below some where crooked which is fine, because now that they are embedded you can easily straighten them.

You can see the long crowbar I using to tear up the wood supports for our J dowels. By the time I got to the 30th or 40h we figured out how to quickly rip them up. I broke a cheap $5 hammer when I started so we had to move up to something bigger. :)

My gas pipe used to straighten the J dowel rebars.

No comments:

Post a Comment